Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Superb unique location in SW France, on the banks of the River Dordogne near Souillac centre-ville, this business consists of accommodation and a bar/restaurant with large terrace overlooking the river.
For a purchaser who is not a caterer and only wishes to run the accommodation, there is the prospect to rent the restaurant to an operator for additional income (we have received enquiries to this effect).
Situated where the Dordogne, Lot, and Corrèze departments meet at the heart of a historic region popular with tourists, it lies equidistant between Sarlat and Rocamadour - both major sites on the tourist itinerary, and sits directly on the beautiful Dordogne river adjacent to the notable Pont de Lanzac.
In addition to all necessary shops and amenities, there are many facilities for holidaymakers in Souillac and the surrounding area, including a canoe base and aqua-park with activities only a few minutes walk along the river.
The stone built property is in good condition, containing the following accommodation in a space of approximately 650 square meters:
• Entrance Hall and Reception with staff bedroom/office off
• Contemporary Bar/winter restaurant - 40 covers
• Café/games area
• Restaurant / Function room with conservatory directly overlooking the river (max 80 covers)
• Fully equipped professional kitchen with walk-in cold room, traditional wood burning pizza oven and cellar
• Two self-catering studio apartments (potential to create more). Summer and low season letting.
• Owner's flexible accommodation which overlooks the Dordogne comprises of:-
Ground floor: Private entrance hall with cloakroom
1st floor: fitted kitchen & dining room with patio doors to private sunny terrace.
Spacious bedroom with bathroom (shower & toilet), single bedroom, can be used as a third studio.
2nd floor: bedroom with river views (currently used as a sitting room) with bathroom/shower, separate WC
• Shaded terrace overlooking the river (60 covers)
• Californian style pool
• Outbuilding (currently workshop/storage) with water/electricity suitable for conversion to accommodation
• Private parking
• Leisure / garden area (riverside)
The total plot approximately 1800 m²
The front of the property is on the D820 - the old pre-autoroute road between Limoges - Toulouse and therefore attracts passing clientele, whilst the rear of the property overlooks the river and enjoys a calm ambience.
The property's unique size and location offers the possibility to lease out the restaurant area separately and/or change the operation to an alternative use, eg fishing lodge, fitness/well-being centre, leisure centre, gallery/antiques showroom etc.
Present owner prepared to stay for a handover period and operational and marketing assistance is available.
• Valley Brive Airport Dordogne - 20 km
• SNCF Gare de Souillac - 3 km
• Exit 55 main highway A20 - 4 km
For more information, please contact us by using the form below.
Real Property Included
Duplex owner’s apartment consisting of entrance hall/cloaks. Stairs to 1st floor dining/ kitchen area - leads to private terrace.
There is a spacious double bedroom with shower-room and WC, plus a small single bedroom. On the second floor there is a sitting room / 3rd bedroom with bathroom and WC. Storage attic leading off.
The sitting room, bedroom and terrace all enjoy river views.
In South-West France between Limoges to the north and Toulouse to the south, and at the heart of a popular tourist region between Sarlat and Rocamadour, this business is located on the banks of the Dordogne River (designated as Category 2 River, suitable for fishing), near from Souillac town center and benefits that the front of the building faces the major 'route nationale' (D820).
• Brive-Souillac Airport: 20 km
• SNCF train station: 3 km
• A20 Motorway: 4 km
The property is stone-built and in good condition, it includes the following accommodation in a space of approx. 680 m2:
• Entrance Hall and Reception with staff room off
• Contemporary Bar / winter restaurant
• Coffee Bar
• Restaurant / function room overlooking the river
• Professional Kitchen with walk-in cold store and wood-fired pizzza oven
• Two modern self-catering Studios
• Duplex owner’s apartment (2 beds, kitchen/dining, sitting room/bedroom 3, private terrace
• Riverside terrace
• Private parking
• Leisure area
Approx. 80m river frontage
Total area: approx. 2000m2
There are residential properties in the vicinity, the front of the property faces the main road D820 and the rear overlookis the river (all the living/letting accommodation overlooks the river at the back and is therefore peaceful.
We are approaching retirement and therefore running the business on a low-key basis, growth could be readily realised by escalating the use of the present facilities, increasing opening times etc - or by developing the range of amenities available to both local and tourist clientele and engaging with tourist and coach operators.
The business is currently staffed by one of the proprietors plus one member of staff, with the addition of casual and seasonal staff at peak times, it is ready to move into and continue operating.
This is an unrivalled location, being the only property to be located directly on the banks of the River Dordogne in this town and the surrounding area and the D820 - providing both business potential and a calm environment
Owners wishing to retire back to the UK
Varies according to season
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Trial available.Sell Your Business